Instagram is a complicated and constantly changing social media app. What worked one year ago is not working today and it can be really difficult to understand what's going on. That's why I've created this list of TOP 5 TIPS for glassblowers on Instagram.
1. Consistency is KEY!!! You NEED to post to your main feed at least 1 timer per day and to your IG Stories at least 3 times per day. Ideally you should try and aim for 1-3 main feed posts and 10-20 Story posts daily.
2. Post an equal mix of photos and videos. Both should be well lit and bright to catch your followers eyes but its important you have a good visual variety to keep people engaged. This also helps keep them from getting bored with your page or your work and helps you keep your posts and ideas creative. DO NOT fall into a boring pattern. People want you to show them something NEW on a consistent basis.
3. SPEND MORE TIME on the caption. Dont just describe the image or video you are showing, but TELL A STORY that engages your followers and connects them to you on a deeper, more personal level. You're an ARTIST! Communicate what drives and inspires you through your captions.
4. Put your HASHTAGS in the comments. It looks much clearner and works the same as putting it in the description.
5. RESPOND to every comment left on your page. Even if its just an emoji, make people feel valued and important and it will come back to you 10x.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE MORE HELP WITH YOUR IG - MESSAGE ME ON INSTAGRAM @MONKEYBOYGLASS or @MONEKYBOYART OR EMAIL MONKEYBOYARTS@GMAIL.COM